Thursday, April 24, 2008

Coca Cola Science Space Museum


I took the boys to the Space Museum before we left Columbus. What a neat space museum. We got to do a lot of hands-on and learned so much. They had fun with the weather TV as their wrists disappeared where the green wristbands they wear are and Malachi's shorts disappeared because they were camo. The Shuttle landing on the moon was a bit of a touch and go. Josiah did pretty decent but Malachi was definitely a pro at crash and burns. I think their favorite part was getting to fly the fighter plane simulators. I made the mistake of doing one with them as they are linked so you can see each other on the radar screens. Let me tell you … a flight simulator is not the place for someone who gets motion sick. I was very green after my disastrous attempt of flying … didn’t even find my mission bogey point! The man that checked us in was running the gift shop was very concerned about how green I was looking. He agreed that it was a BIG MISTAKE for me to have gotten in to one of those. We went in and watched a movie in their IMAX screen about the planets but I still wasn’t ready to drive so they allowed us to stay after closing time until I was safe to drive. The people in Georgia have been very friendly thus far … even if you are green!

No comments: