Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tender feelers

Today is one of those days … I’m trying to keep my focus on Him and going through the challenges to strengthen who He has created me to be and educate me so I can be more effective in the ministry/outreach He has chosen. It is hard though when people whom you feel are friends make comments which appear to be judging you for where you are or what you are going through. I get it that they don’t know what God is doing … but their judgment and comments hurt nonetheless, especially this person who is sensitive and at the present time walking this part of the journey which isn’t very comfortable but greatly rewarding when my eyes are focused correctly. My human worldly side wants to stand up and rattle off all the wonderful things I’ve had, done and been throughout my life … but such is not to be. It is a major eye opener in helping me to make sure I’m not doing the same to others. God has taken us down some paths that I definitely would never have chosen but opens doors to walk beside those who have gone through or are going through challenges with a heart-to-heart, hands-on knowledge. Wisdom is definitely not something you gain with age, it comes with hands-on experience.

No comments: