Monday, January 4, 2016

Who or What's waiting on you?

Today I had the delight of seeing my husband unexpectedly drive up after he had left hours before for work.  I was immediately inspired to rush to the door and bend down ready to pucker and kiss him immediately when he opened the door to show him how much I love, treasure and delight in him.  Well, I stood at the door bent over and puckered watching for his shadow, listening for the truck door to open and close and my door to open ... and I waited.  I then stood up to save my back and de-puckered.  Figured I'd could take action as soon as I saw his shadow through the frosted window.  After a while thoughts of, maybe I should just go sit down, maybe he's just grabbing something from outside and not coming in, maybe I should text him and let him know I know he's here and take some of the surprise away, then finally to ... what if he doesn't come in and just leaves and misses out completely never knowing I was standing at the door just waiting for him to open the door.  Then I totally glimpsed that THIS is how God is with us WITHOUT the thoughts of maybe I should, what if ... He unfailingly waits ever patiently at the door puckered and ready to kiss us with blessings as soon as we open the door and allow Him too.  He doesn't even think about sitting down or going out to meet us ... He just lovingly, patiently waits for us even when we don't come to the door and just drive off going our own way ... He still waits for us.

Makes me ponder how many blessings and kisses I have missed out on because I didn't respond to the prompting of my heart / spirit (God's messaging system).  Thankfully I have been and am more purposeful on following and acting on the promptings from within.  So here's to 2016 and being even more aware and receiving even more of God's kisses and blessings that He is patiently waiting to shower on me.

Oh and for the record ... I chose to stay by the door until I either heard him drive off or he opened the door.  I myself and my husband were rewarded (at least from my perspective it was a reward! LOL) with a kiss from me before his feet ever left the ground to enter into our home.  So thankful that I got to sow appreciation into him and his day.  Praising that he did come in to our home instead of just driving away.

No comments: