Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frisco's vet visit

Wow! What a day. Today we got to take Frisco to the vet for his next set of shots and some tests. The boys were all excited and even Molly got to go with us. We got there early so we walked around the Petsmart store while waiting for our turn. Since it was "vaccination" day we didn't get to go back with Frisco. Malachi was not to pleased with that as we are a definite hands-on family and are always there for whatever procedure is done, animal or human. At the first little peep out of Frisco Malachi hugged me tight and started crying. When Frisco got his shots he really started yelping -- loud enough that even I could hear him ... Malachi cried even harder and Josiah & Molly moved closer to us. Made me even more aware of what awesome sons we have. Guess I'm going to have to spend even more time praying for my sons and their wives that God has selected for them ... as tender hearted as God has created my sons I'm sure this mom is going to be spending a lot of time curled up in God's arms crying for the hurts of my sons. Good thing I know God loves them even more them me! Needless to say tonight Frisco is very tender and yelps whenever we touch his front shoulders. Malachi is still very sensitive to his feelings and tears up knowing Frisco is hurting even though it is from preventive care. Thus, it's snuggle time for us tonight and Malachi will probably sleep down here on the coach tonight. Hope you remember to take time to snuggle and appreciate a special someone who as been gifted to your life. There's no guarantee of tomorrow. I'm getting ready to wrap my arms around my special sons and absorb this time with them.

No comments: