Monday, June 23, 2008

Randy's Boo-Boo

God's protection is ever apparent! (Don't look at the pictures at the bottom if you are squeamish at all.) Randy was helping to take down a wall and it ended up getting him. Thus a trip to the emergency room and a call from his friend to start my day at 7:34 am. Since Josh & Randy are such pranksters Josh wasn't able to convince me that Randy really was hurt until I talked to him on the phone and heard the hospital noise in the background. Josh had already suspected this and had sent a picture to my phone to try and help validate. Needless to say, I got the boys settled and went to the ER.

.

When I got there they had put an IV in Randy's hand (after blowing his arm veins) and administered some pain meds that made him pretty loopy. He tried to tell me what had happened but he was having to fight the meds to focus which was making him very shaky so I told him just to tell me later. After that he woke up 2 or 3 times surprised to see me as he had forgotten that I was there ... he obviously wasn't feeling any pain!! I was there when the doctor came and cleaned it some more, prepped then closed the laceration. It was approximately 7 inches long and took 21 staples to close. Thanks to my medical experience he thought it would heal better if I would drain it instead of putting a drain in. So, I get the joy of inflicting pain on Randy in the name of healing while I do dressing changes!! (Just kidding on it bringing me joy!) Now just to keep him from overusing his arm, tearing out the staples and inflicting more damage to the muscle.

.

It could have been a LOT worse though. Am especially glad that I had prayed God's protection over him that morning. Here's a picture of the laceration once cleaned and one with the staples. Don't look if you are sight sensitive. If I knew how to get the pictures off of my phone I would load the first picture Josh sent but it's pretty messy so it's probably a good thing I don't know how to do it right now.

. Thanks for all your prayers that are helping to keep us safe. They are appreciated. . Here's the pictures!

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Sweet cut! Hope it gets better soon.