Thursday, July 3, 2008

Purpose

Have you ever found yourself wondering what God’s purpose for your life is at the moment you are living? Today has been an emotional day for me. We are leaving the Whispering Pines Campground heading to Perry for the night. As always God has brought some wonderful people into our lives. One in particular is a beautiful young 9 yo girl that has totally wrapped her arms around each of our hearts. She’s been given a tough challenge to develop her but obviously God has great things in store for this precious child of His. Her mom passed on a short time ago and she was the one to find her. That’s a hard thing for an adult little lone one so young and it’s hard for this mom’s heart to comprehend. I am heavy hearted trying to figure out what God’s purpose for our family is in her life. We all just wanted to pack her up and take her with us. The boys even begged to go with her family home to Mississippi if she couldn’t come with us. It has definitely made me more aware of my time that God is allowing me with the amazing sons He has given us. On the 3+ hour drive I cried almost 3 hours of prayerful tears releasing the emotions God has laid on my heart, asking what His will/purpose is for us in her life and asking if I’m doing all that God desires of me for my own sons that He has blessed us with. Am I making the most of the time I have with them and instilling in them a solid foundation. When it comes to my sons … I always feel I come up short and that I should always do more and appreciate them even more than I already do. I just can’t imagine my life without them and pray it’s not God’s will to be so. Oh the joys and woes of being a parent or at least a tender hearted human. I’m stand in awe that God experiences these feelings in magnitude with all of us He has created.

No comments: