Friday, August 22, 2008

Can you say ... We're OUT of HERE!!!

The Eye of the Storm has moved and the squall is getting ready to dump even more rain and winds on us so being the Kansans that we are ... we left for Ocala! By the time we got everything out of the cottage and the 5th wheel hooked up Randy & I were absolutely drenched as the rain had hit full force. I don't think I've been that wet (even in the shower) in a very long time! To top that off, I needed fuel in my van and due to the storm no one could accept credit cards. So on 3/8ths of a tank of gas and a family prayer - we headed to Ocala. The trip to Ocala was a bit "fun" at the start until we got above the storm squall line. We saw a couple wrecks where people hydroplaned coming through the National Forrest but other than that all we saw were very tall trees and ... rain off and on. I know, that's surprising! Ha! Randy has a job in Ocala this coming week and we have parked our home at the Ocala RV Camp Resort. After feeding our boys (they're always hungry!) we dropped the pickup off at a place to have the brakes checked as they were causing problems while driving and headed back home to check out the hot tub, sauna and TV recreation area. Now I'm going to sign off, check on my mom who is doing better and hopefully getting out of the hospital tomorrow (It's their anniversary tomorrow.) and then hopefully go to bed!! I hadn't remembered how exhausting living on faith can be ... or maybe it was just the prayer filled, sleepless, stormy nights catching up with me ... or the rainy drive ... or all of the above! Nonetheless ... Sweet Dreams and Blessings to you!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Glad your safe and sound.

The Wendt Family said...

Thanks! So are we.