Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Eye of the Storm

Well ... it was a very noisy, windy, wet night but we are still here and our home is still upright and attached to semi-dry land although covered with a fine layer of ocean salt, sand and vegetation. Being in the Eye of the Storm is a very peaceful and beautiful place ... but knowing there is more to come keeps us alert. Have seen a lot of God lessons in this storm. I've been taking God & Mom walks on the beach while the boys are doing school work and it's been amazing. It started after we got here when the boys and I were looking for seashells. The boys and I had been talking about faith and God wanting to give us the desires of our heart. I shared with them that I believed that God would provide a specific shell that I would like to find. From there God has taken it into a lesson for me as I walk and talk with God. He gives me glimpses of partial shells to show me that it is possible to find the type of shell I have in mind. I'm getting a firsthand lesson in it being in God's time. When I'm walking on the beach I am looking and asking if I've overlooked & missed it. Which brings me to the life lesson in which I have to ask if I'm seeking God's will and purpose with my own life as openly and adamantly as I am this shell. He's also given me object lessons in that I need to be open-minded as to where I might find this shell. At first I thought it would be the obvious ... the beach, but ... I've found partial shells in the grass, near our camper and the closest I've come to "the desire of my heart" shell has been in the cottage underneath the bed where we are waiting out the storm. So ... while I'm keeping my eyes open to any possibly sighting we're not letting the other shells that we have found go to waste. The boys have decided it would be wonderful to build a small beach by the fountain/pond in Grandma's backyard with the shells we are collecting. Thank goodness for a very loving Grandma ... as I'm sure she won't be able to say no to her grandsons and their idea of a Kansas beach. Enjoy the pictures of our time in the Eye of the Storm.

No comments: