Friday, December 26, 2008

Open Hearts

Malachi proudly asked me to come take a picture of this "perfect picture moment". Which I agree, I think it is an adorable picture.

I remember as a child the love I had for my dog. Now as a mom, I ponder that I'm not as attached to our pets as I was when I was a child -- to be honest, there are a lot of times I wish we were two pets less in our home. I ponder why this is. Have I filled my heart and life with other things that there is not much love or energy left there for me to give or is it part of maturing and priority changes? I see other people who are my age or older who have pets that some times appear to rate higher than their own children. What other areas do I do this with in my life? Is it God's will for me? Obviously I have no enlightenment yet. Feel free to share any thoughts.

Here's to keeping our hearts seeking His will.

No comments: