Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Snowing!

Can you believe it! SNOW in SOUTH TEXAS! What a marvel and yet another of God’s many things that He does for us to bring us joy. Josiah & Malachi have been praying for snow … and me being the mom, have kept reminding them that we are in SOUTH Texas and they don’t normally get snow. I’m so THANKFUL He has once again proven me wrong and answered my sons prayers in a way that only He can. Especially since they have been bummed since it looks like we are not going to make it back to Kansas for Christmas since God has allowed us to be stretched with Randy’s job being commission only and people wanting to wait until after the new year to replace their roofs. We know He is taking care of us and will provide … we’re just so good at the worrying that it’s taking a lot more to help us get over that bad habit. His plans will be much better than ours although sometimes hard for us to be open too when we think our ideas are so great. (I wonder if that’s why God put Randy and I together … to remind me that God’s ideas are far greater than any I have and help me to understand the disappointment and frustration He experiences when I try to do it my way instead of His way … which is always SO much better! Once again proof of God’s amazing sense of humor!)

No comments: