Thursday, July 23, 2009

Total Chaos!

Okay ... my guys have been gone 2-1/2 days. Since I haven't had a working phone and the only way to get in touch with me is via e-mail or facebook, I've spent more time on the computer than I planned. My goal while the guys being gone (besides taking care of my responsibilities) is to get our home completely cleaned out, decluttered, treated for insects, back room painted and put back together in a homey atmosphere.

Well, I'm no where near where I thought I would be at this point. Today I'm feeling overwhelmed by the chaos I'm sitting in the middle of. I've been pulling EVERYTHING out of cabinets and cupboards to sort through and get ready to treat. Thus the overwhelmedness. At times I just sit down and play a quick game on the computer as I just don't feel like I'm making any progress and I need to see some completion somewhere ... even if its a silly game! This last time I sat down I found myself being so THANKFUL that God doesn't get overwhelmed with the messes we get ourselves in to or the junk we clutter. With His amazing sense of humor I'm sure He chuckles at us and finds a lot of amusement in our shenanigans. I'm so glad that He's ultimately in control in my life and knows what direction to push me in. I love knowing I can trust Him and that He loves me so much He will allow me to ... be me. Now just to step back, take a deep breath, say a Thankful prayer so I can get back to organizing chaos! PONDER POINT: Are you in a situation that you need to step back, refocus your mind-set, Thank Him, Praise Him, take a deep breath ... then get back into the journey?

No comments: