Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God knocking

I just absolutely love seeing how God works out the smallest details to direct our steps to be where He wants us to be all in the right timing.

Yesterday some friends, knowing that we are basically on foot until God provides funds for the truck steering gear box to be fixed, called from the grocery store to see if we needed anything. I was going to say no but my mouth burst forth with “Beef bouillon please.” As soon as I said it I was wondering where it came from. I think I’ve only bought beef bouillon once in my life and definitely could live without some right now during this part of our journey of faith and waiting on the Lord. I proceeded to go back to my studies and fixing supper for my amazing sons and their friend, Jenelle. Right after we ate our friends showed up with the beef bouillon. We proceeded to sit down and start fellowshipping in sharing what God has been doing in our lives and how we are growing in His time of waiting and seeking His leading. Such a glorious time of heart sharing and joy. During this time frame there came a knock at our door. I opened it to find another of our new God brought friends utterly beat up in spirit, overwhelmed, exhausted and overburdened. After giving him a great big hug, I immediately ushered him in to our ministry chair. Josiah served him by getting him a big, cold glass of pink lemonade. After our beloved brother shared some of his burdens, I had our other friends start praying over him while I prayerfully applied oils to his leg that was under physical attack. Randy called at 9pm when he got off work, during our time of prayer, to see if we were to be going to where the gentleman (who was currently in our ministry chair) was staying to help unload his U-Haul. Malachi answered the phone and told his Dad he needed to come straight home and to hurry. So even Randy was allowed to participate in lifting up one of our brothers with our ministry group/team that God seems to be bringing together right now. Would love to report total healing for our brother but he definitely left a lot lighter and breathing once again.

No comments: