Monday, August 16, 2010

Showing Jesus

Tonight Malachi is being blessed with having a young man, Josh, (who was a counselor at the Signs & Wonders IHOP camp this summer) come and take him to the skatepark for a while. This is the first time that he has gotten to go skating since we got here. Randy & I are so thankful that Josh is being an amazing mentor and showing Jesus to our son through being excited to see him when we are in the same location, texting back and forth and spending time with him by taking him to the skatepark & skating with him. I only wish I was able to be there to take pictures … oh the heart of a mother.

Through the classes that God has lead me to take I have been made very aware of the importance of having healthy images of Father-God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit. Randy & I, as well as the boys, have been focusing on trying to show “Jesus” to others through communication and fellowship. Some times it is so easy and comes naturally. Other times it is quite the challenge not to respond in the flesh to a situation or attitude. I wish we could say we’ve got it down but it’s a lifelong commandment and process of constantly loving one another. Its such a blessing to watch the boys (& us) try to put this to practice and at times have to stop and say, “That’s not showing a very good picture of Jesus.” or when it gives a great warm, fuzzy feeling when we get to stop and say, “Wow! That was an amazing opportunity to show Jesus.”

Being a parent is not easy but oh it is so rewarding. The love in my heart just overflows and grows with each moment.

No comments: