Thursday, August 19, 2010

God's Parent Heart

The last few days have been very heart tugging as I struggle with the heart hurts of being a parent. Seeing my child's heart struggle and hurt is not easy. Not rushing in and fixing it is even harder especially if you don't know how - but that often times just clips their wings instead of allowing them to learn and become stronger from what they are going through. I am so blessed that God has opened my eyes and heart with the intense awareness of how much more our Father God's heart hurts when we are struggling, feeling lost, overwhelmed, undervalued, blue, etc... I know the intense love I have for my own children and even the overwhelming love for other people in their times of hurt. I am standing absolutely in utter amazement right now of how much more Father God's love is for me. That just gives me a warm fuzzy heart hug (which I dearly need right now) and immense reassurance as I struggle in my daily life with raising our children (and note getting "do-overs"), in my relationship with my husband, family & Friends, in every day decisions. My Heavenly Father is watching me with loving eyes filled full of love, pride and joy as only a parent can as I take each baby step in every moment of my day. His heart hurts when mine does. His heart is filled with immense joy and love when mine is - probably even more. His heart feels what I feel only so much more intense as He is the God of the Universe. He created ME in HIS image - feelings and all. THANK YOU GOD!!

No comments: