Friday, October 31, 2008

And we're still sitting


Well, to be quite honest I'm getting a little tight in the stomach as my Faith walk progresses through yet another exercise or should I say exercises.

We are still in Smyrna TN and haven't left to go where ever God’s taking us. Yesterday the boys and I ran an errand and ended up losing the brakes on our van. What an intense 12 mile ride home with no brakes and traffic all the way. God was ever faithful and kept an open area in front of us and mostly green lights. Couldn't change the stop signs green (Ha!) but He did keep the intersections open. Once Randy got home from work he checked it out and the metal brake line that goes to the back had a hole rusted in it. He made some calls and we ended up having 12 minutes to get it to a place that came highly recommended for good work ... which also was the same place that we had gotten our tire for our trailer at. (That added a thankful sense of peace.) I think the drive there was possibly a little more eyebrow raising and white knuckled then the initial ride home but PTL the boys were with Randy in his truck. I had no clue where we were going and could only follow Randy ... who at times I wondered if he remembered that I had brake issues. However we made it and are waiting to see how long and how much this is going to cost.

Yet another exercise of my Faith muscles … my phone departed working order when I plugged it in to the charger. It was working fine but low on battery so I … just plugged it in … and it just simply shut off, never to give light or calls again. That’s not a positive thing when it’s the only phone that had a good enough external speaker on it to be able to record my tapes on so I could get them done and sent back. So after dropping off our van we went in search of an AT&T corporate store to get a working phone … a bunch of money later (even with the older, low-end model) I now have an adorably cute phone (not that that does much for the speaker sound) that my sons are just yearning to be able to call someone on … and did I mention I have no clue how to work it? It’s nothing like the phones I’ve had before … but I guess like all exercises God puts us through … it’s just a learning curve to grow me even more. I’m actually typing this instead of seeing how it recorded my tapes last night … can you say delay tactic? I was a little overwhelmed last night trying to get it to work with my transcriber and my hero, my husband sent me to bed and took over. Unfortunately I don’t have the total submission thing down yet and I must of defiantly went to the back and snuggled with my sons who were watching a bit of TV before bed instead. Glad to know God still loves me (& Randy) and knows He has a lot of work left to be done in me! But I thoroughly enjoyed the time snuggling and praying over my sons.

Well, I guess I had better get busy seeing if my tapes are doable. We need to be ready to roll whenever we get the van back and driving and doing tapes just doesn’t mix. Good thing is Randy still has to put the new tire on and finish packing up and make a trip back to the AT&T store to get some missing pieces that weren’t in our box. WOW! I just love the ways God gets me more time. (Big Grin.)

Thanks for all your prayers! Don’t stop now … pray for travel safety, discernment, tire safety, financial blessings or whatever God lays on your heart as He knows better than we do what we’ve got ahead of us!

Stay tuned ….

1 comment:

Joy said...

Update?

Hope you had a peaceful Thanksgiving!