Sunday, October 12, 2008

Carlisle Tire strikes yet again!


This is the 4th Carlisle tire we’ve had to replace in a short time. We’re on the move from Georgia to Tennessee and hopefully Kansas for a visit. Once again we are reminded of how God is protecting us. We were on the Interstate and I was on the phone with Randy when a tire blew on the 5th wheel. Randy immediately was able to switch lanes and get stopped especially after I told him that parts of the RV were flying off. As you can tell from the pictures God’s hand was on us as the blow out bent the metal frame forward and right up against the 2nd tire. (We only have one spare tire.) It even cut some of the electrical wires. Our pit crew is getting pretty good at this. Josiah & Malachi, at 11 yo & 7 yo, are becoming quite efficient at changing tires. Josiah’s a pro at dropping the spare done from the underbelly. Malachi’s favorite is working the torch wrench. The three of them definitely have a system down and work together pretty smoothly.

Once we were all ready to get back on the road I had to look in the ditch area to see if God had put my seashell (still continuing my search since Ormond Beach object lesson from God) there for me to find or some financial assistance, etc. I was absolutely amazed when Randy didn’t question me at all when I told him God had stopped us there for a reason and I couldn’t limit God I had to look at all possibilities. What an amazing husband … but then again over the last 13 years he has seen things that God has done for us in the most unique ways. Needless to say, no seashell yet and no money in the grass. But not to far down the road I was even more thankful when we ended up in the Tennessee mountains with the curvy roads and steep inclines/declines. I’d hate to imagine what would have happened if the tire blew under those conditions.

Thanks for all the prayers. We serve such an amazing God!!

No comments: