Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Michelle

Wow! What an amazing year! My guys have made this a wonderful birthday. I'm tired from the amazing Prayer conference I was treated to by God and a faithful new friend (Susan) who was listening to Him to allow me to be blessed and renewed. Even though my husband forgot when we first woke up that it was my birthday he recovered later in the day by planning a surprise with my boys of me not having to help bake my own cake AND they took me out to eat Mexican food. My father also called and left me a message where he sang Happy Birthday to me. For those of you that know my dad ... I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not! Ha! He can't carry a note in a bucket ... but I must be getting old and losing my hearing as I appreciated/enjoyed it! -- Guess that must be how God feels when we lift our voices in Praise to Him whether we can sing and dance or not! PTL The boys were excited because while I was at the retreat they picked out a Bible Cover for my new Bible at the Church Bookstore to surprise me with. They're still think jewelry is the best gift for mom but they wanted to surprise me with something different. I'm just thankful that my sons are so excited about getting gifts for others. I could have done without the cool whip on/in my nose at the Mexican restaurant but my boys got a good laugh from it. (Randy too!) We were so stuffed but had to come come and have some of the chocolate cake and chocolate chip ice cream that they had surprised me with as its just not a birthday without cake and ice cream according to my sons. For the record ... I am NOT 71 years old nor 17 years old, just somewhere in between. They were very creative with how they came up with using the candles we had. (They figured my age added up equaled what the candles added up too so it would work. Creative! They think it should count as some homeschool credit ... hmm.) Randy, specially made for me Josiah, my firstborn Malachi, our final book Thanks to all of you who sent e-mail cards, messages, called, etc. I appreciated them all. I'm greatful that God allowed my mom to endure the pain of my birth all those years ago.

No comments: